Ministers Yair Lapid, Naftali Bennett, Shai Piron, Yael German, Silvan Shalom to Address Need for Innovation 21st Annual Caesarea Forum to Grapple with Israeli Challenges in Economics, Employment
Journalists are cordially invited to attend the Israel Democracy Institute's Conference on Economy and Society. Formerly known as the Caesarea Economic Policy Planning Forum, the conference fosters open discussion between senior government decision-makers and leading figures in academia, the non-profit sector, and the business world.
IDI's 2013 Eli Hurvitz Conference on Economy and Society will take place on Wednesday, November 6 and Thursday, November 7 at the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba Hotel. The conference is made possible by the generosity of the Dalia and Eli Hurvitz Foundation
Simultaneous translation in English will be provided for all plenary sessions.
Minister of Finance Yair Lapid and Minister of National Infrastructure, Energy, and Water Silvan Shalom will each deliver an address. Additional sessions and participants during the two-day conference will include:
"The Start Up Nation Matures"
- MK Naftali Bennett, Minister of Economy
- Prof. Eugene Kandel, Head of the National Economic Council, Prime Minister's Office
- Amit Lang, Director-General of the Ministry of Economy
- Ron Tzur, Head of the Reform Implementation Project in the Israeli Civil Service, Prime Minister's Office
- David Perlmutter, Chief Product Officer and Executive VP of Intel
"Charting a New Course for Israel's Civil Service"
- MK Mickey Levi, Deputy Minister of Finance
- MK Nissan Slomiansky, Chairman of the Knesset Finance Committee
- MK Ahmed Tibi, Deputy Speaker of the Knesset
- Ronnie Bar-On, former Minister of Finance
- Moshe Dayan, Commissioner of the Civil Service
- Uri Yogev, Director-General of the Government Companies Authority
"From Encouraging Employment to Boosting Productivity"
- MK Dr. Yuval Steinitz, Minister of Strategic Affairs
- MK Prof. Avishay Braverman, Chair of the Knesset Economic Affairs Committee
- Prof. Nathan Sussman, Director of the Research Division, Bank of Israel
- Zvi Oren, President of the Manufacturers Association of Israel
"Inequality: It's Bad for Our Health"
- MK Yael German, Minister of Health
- Chaim Oron, former Minister and Chairman of the Society for the Protection of Nature
- Camilla Vammale, Deputy Head of Budgeting and Public Expenditures for Health Care, OECD
- Prof. Shlomo Mor-Yosef, Director-General of the National Insurance Institute (Bituach Leumi)
- Dr. Bishara Bisharat, Chairman of the Society for Advancing Health in the Arab Population and Director of the Nazareth Hospital
"Toward a New Paradigm in Israeli Education"
- MK Rabbi Shai Piron, Minister of Education
- MK Amram Mitzna, Chairman of the Knesset Education, Culture, and Sports Committee
- Prof. Dirk Van Damme, Directorate for Education and Skills, OECD
- Ruvik Danilovich, Mayor of Beersheva
Furthermore, in cooperation with Google, a Big Tent event on the subject of E-nnovate Israel will be held featuring Vint Cerf, VP and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google, and Amit Lang, Director-General of the Ministry of Economy, as well as a surprise guest.
Group flights and discounted hotel rooms are being arranged. To RSVP or for more information, contact:
Director of International Communications