For Immediate Release:
FIGHTING POLITICAL CORRUPTION IN ISRAEL
Israel Democracy Institute Book Launch Takes Fresh Look at Ongoing Problem in Israeli Politics
Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Israel Democracy Institute, 4 Pinsker St., Jerusalem – With Israeli elections just three months away and criminal investigations haunting the campaigns of a number of likely candidates, a new book from IDI takes on a timely issue: corruption in Israeli politics. To what extent does political corruption exist in Israeli government? How does the fight against corruption affect the ability to govern? What is the relationship between the media, the business sector, politics and corruption?
Join thought-leaders, politicians, journalists, and academics for the launch of Dr. Doron Navot's book Political Corruption in Israel, published by IDI. The book tackles political corruption in Israel from the inception of the state until today, and investigates the relationship between politics and graft.
The book launch, jointly sponsored by IDI and the Mishkenot Sha'ananim Centre for Ethics, will include panel discussions on:
- The Legal and Systematic Fight against Political Corruption
- Economics, Media, Politics and Political Corruption
- State Prosecutor Moshe Lador
- Former Supreme Court Justice Mishael Cheshin
- MK Zahava Gal-On, Chairman of the Meretz Party
- Channel 2 Correspondent Rina Matzliach
- Attorney Dov Weissglass, Bureau Chief to former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon
- Retired Israel Police Major-General Moshe Mizrachi, former Police Chief Investigator
The evening will end with closing remarks from author Dr. Doron Navot and IDI Vice President Prof. Mordechai Kremnitzer.
The event will be held in Hebrew but English interviews can be scheduled upon request. Video of the event will be available afterwards on the IDI website.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
IDI Director of International Communications