- Open to the public
The Israel Democracy Institute | 4 Pinsker Street | Jerusalem
Hosted by IDI and the Israel Political Science Association.
What is the role of Israel's Council of Higher Education in evaluating the quality of research and instruction in Israel's universities and colleges? How does it serve as a buffer between government authorities and institutions of higher education? Does it interfere with the freedom given to academic institutions to conduct their affairs as they see fit?
These questions were the focus of a roundtable discussion hosted by IDI and the Israel Political Science Association at the Israel Democracy Institute on Monday, October 22, 2012.
This Hebrew event was open to the public with advance registration and was broadcast live on the IDI website. Video will be available soon.
Attorney Dr. David Tadmor, Managing Partner at Tadmor & Co., formerly in charge of the Israel Anti-Trust Authority
- Dr. Iris Agmon, Department of Middle Eastern Studies, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Prof. (Emeritus) Gershon Ben-Shachar, Department of Psychology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Dr. Denis Charbit, Head of Political Science, The Open University
Prof. Asher Cohen, Rector of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Justice (Emerita) Dalia Dorner, Former Supreme Court Justice and President of the Israeli Press Council
- Prof. (Emeritus) Yaron Ezrachi, Department of Political Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Rivka Feldhay, Cohen Institute of History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas, and Head of the Minerva Center for the Humanities, Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Yitzhak Gal-Nur, Head of the Israeli Political Science Association
- Prof. (Emerita) Galia Golan, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, IDC Herzliya
- Prof. David Harel, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Weizmann Institute
- Prof. Tamar Hermann, Senior Fellow, Israel Democracy Institute, and Vice President of the Open University
- Dr. Amal Jamal, Associate Director of the International Program for Leadership, Communication and Elections, and Senior Lecturer in the Department of Political Science, Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Benjamin Zeev Kedar, Department of History, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and Vice President of the National Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Rebecca Kook, Department of Politics and Government, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Prof. Mordechai Kremnitzer, Vice President of Research, The Israel Democracy Institute
- Prof. David Newman, Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Prof. Steven Rosen, Deputy Rector, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Prof. Michal Shamir, Department of Political Science, Tel Aviv University
- Prof. Eran Vigoda -Gadot, Head of the School of Political Sciences, University of Haifa