Tel Aviv Port
A cooperative effort between IDI and the Menachem Begin Heritage Center
On February 17, 2015, Dr. Amir Fuchs, head of IDI's Defending Democratic Values project, will moderate a panel discussion entitled "Is the Right Still Liberal?" at the Israel Democracy Conference, sponsored by Haaretz, which will be taking place at the Tel Aviv Port.
The conference is aimed at promoting public discourse on the state of democracy in Israel, and will focus on the limits of freedom of expression, the independence of the High Court of Justice and the identity of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state.
Participants in this session, which is a cooperative effort between IDI and the Menachem Begin Heritage Center, will include:
- Dr. Amir Fuchs, Head of the Defending Democratic Values project, The Israel Democracy Institute
- Dan Meridor, Minister of Justice and former Deputy Prime Minister
- Herzl Makov, Director, The Menachem Begin Heritage Center
- Prof. Yedidia Stern, Vice President of Research, the Israel Democracy Institute; Faculty of Law, Bar-Ilan University
- Yossi Sarid
- Yoaz Hendel, Chairman of the Institute for Zionist Strategies; columnist for Yedioth Ahronoth