- Open to the public
The Israel Democracy Institute
4 Pinsker Street, Jerusalem
On July 22, 2013, IDI and Keshet Broadcasting hosted a panel discussion in which Sayed Kashua and the other creators of the sitcom "Avoda Aravit" (Arab Labor) discussed the depiction of Arabs in prime time television in Israel. This special event focused on comedy, conflict, and controversy and explored Israeli society as reflected in the exploits of the television's Arab journalist Amjad.
Moderator: Dr. Arye Carmon, IDI President
- Sayed Kashua, journalist, writer, and creator of the series
- Shai Capon, director of the sitcom "Arab Labor"
- Ran Telem, Vice President of Programming, Keshet Broadcasting
- Dr. Yifat Ben Hay-Segev, CEO of the Israel Audience Research Board
- Shivi Froman, Advisor on Arab and Haredi Affairs to Education Minister Shay Piron
- Soheil Karam, CEO of Radio Alshams
- Hanoch Marmari, Editor of "The Seventh Eye"
- Prof. Sammy Smooha, University of Haifa, author of The Index of Arab-Jewish Relations 2012