- Open to the public
Ramban Synagogue4 Amatzia Street, Jerusalem
At the Passover Seder, the Jewish people celebrate their freedom. But do people with special needs who join us at the Seder have the same freedom as others? How should they be integrated into public and private life according to a Jewish and democratic world view?
On March 17, 2013, IDI's Human Rights and Judaism in Action project, headed by Rabbi Dr. Benjamin (Benny) Lau, together with the Ramban synagogue, hosted a special pre-Passover event on accessibility and inclusion of people with special needs in the family, in the community, and in Jewish life.
This event was made possible by the generous support of the
The event was in memory of Roi Abuhav Shavit z"l
on the 10th anniversary of his death
- Rabbi Dr. Benjamin Lau, Israel Democracy Institute; Rabbi of the Ramban Synagogue
- Mr. Isaac Abuhav Shavit, father of Roi Abuhav Shavit z"l
- MK Attorney Karine Elharar, Yesh Atid
- MK Rabbi Shay Piron, Yesh Atid
- Dr. Micah Goodman, Head of Ein Prat – The Academy for Leadership
- Mr. Ahiya Kamara, Commissioner, Commission for Equal Rights for People with Disabilities, Ministry of Justice
- Mr. Yoav Kraiem, Chairman, National Council for the Rehabilitation in the Community of Persons with Mental Disabilities
- Prof. Avigdor Shinan, Department of Hebrew Literature, Yiddish and Folklore, Hebrew University of Jerusalem